Opening Like a Flower, 2015


I want to sit wide open

Air it all out.

Sing songs out of key.

Talk to insects.

Bake naked in the sun.

Instead
I'm expected to 
Sit like a lady.

Smile

Be a good listener.

My room is airy and light,
Shades of pink and brown
I see puzzles, paints and books
I play music in the dark and light of day
I think about the future.

I stretch, I strum, I sew, I sit
I breath the day in
And breath it out again
I tend to plants and seedlings,
I organize my books.

I dream of love
And friendship
Of homes with land and trees
Of homesteads and big sound systems
Off the grid and closer to the ground.

I dream I hug deeply
Longingly

Losing myself
I am a child again,
Working out all the kinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment